Nurse Internship Program
Passionate about Pets?
Our Nurse Internship program offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to launch your veterinary career.
Combining your study with a professional internship at Greencross Vets is a great way to gain real-life work experience and expand your veterinary skills.
Why complete a Nursing Internship?
- Follow your passion in the pet care industry
- Enhance your skills and experience
- Flexible hours to complement your study schedule
- Communication and support from your mentor and team
- Put theory-based learning into practice
- Train towards a nationally recognised qualification
- Career and professional development
The Greencross Vets Nursing Internship Program:
- Allows candidates to work towards achieving a Certificate II in Animal Studies (ACM20110)
- Provides an accelerated program that can be completed over 9 months
- Comprehensive training orientation program with Regional Workplace Trainer
- Support network of an experienced mentor and dedicated veterinary team
- Invitation to the annual Greencross Vets Regional Symposium
- Guaranteed clinic placement for practical skills and experience
- Working at the clinic one day per week on a voluntary basis
- Certificate of completion
- Theory based learning (including online workshops)
Practical and theory based learning (including online workshops):
- Work in the Animal Care Industry
- Participate in Occupational Health and Safety Processes
- Complete Animal Care Hygiene Routines
- Assist in Health Care of Animals
- Feed and Water Animals
- Participate in Workplace Communications
- Participate in Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices
We are delighted to announce that the Nurse Internship program is now available throughout New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria, Australia Capital Territory and Queensland!
Click Here to learn more about the application process or email firstname.lastname@example.org